Tuesday 4 August 2015

STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING CSC SCHOLARSHIP

There are many types of scholarships offered under CSC program here I will emphasize on Chinese University Program
To avail scholarship under Chinese University Program, you need to follow steps given below
  1. Searching suitable university
    1. Offering subject in your area of interest
    2. check university ranking on different international ranking platforms
    3. check for language requirements and about language of instruction
    4. http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina/universityen.aspx this is the official page of CSC which lists all the universities in china. universities with * are entitled to take CSC scholars.
  2. Search suitable professor and try to get acceptance letter from him (professor names and email addresses are mostly given on their department webpage)
    1. Whose Area of interest is same as your's
    2. Try to learn everything about him and his area of interest before contacting him
    3. Try to contact him via Email address.
      • Email must be very specific and professional looking, sample is given below
      •  Email subject must be very specific and catchy
      •  
      • Dear Prof. Dr. (write first name only first alphabet and last name full),
        I turn to you for the Master position on Chinese Governments Scholarship In the area of Microbiology 

        I am graduate BS (4 years) with majors in Microbiology from one of the best university of the country,Kohat University of Science & Technology, Pakistan 

        In parallel to my thesis work I have published a research paper in the same domain of ----------- as a first author in -----------------. My journal paper ---------------- as a first author is under final review in ------------. Nowadays I am writing a research paper in collaboration of my supervisor based on my Master thesis and hoping to submit it soon.
        I have 'A' in Master research thesis (here you can mention your grades). I also have already passed local GAT (Pakistan national Graduate Assessment Test) General and Subject similar to GRE international with Total --------, ------ Percentile.

        I have read couple of publications -------m------------- on your research work. Your research field “-------------------------” really matches my research interest and is in parallel to my research work. I want to start my PhD at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences under your supervision. I would be happy if I could join your team and if you too could consider me a potential candidate and give me an acceptance for the CGSP Fellowship.

        I am attaching my CV  along with this email.
        I want to pursue my career in research and academia in field of --------------- after my PhD in future.
        I will wait for your kind response. Thanks.
        Yours sincerely, (Your Name)
      • At first instance only attach your CV with email
    4. If professor agree to supervise you than try to get acceptance letter from him
    5. Online apply at laihua.csc.edu.cn 
      1. you need agency number of university that is available on university website(https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50ewbxzB1LMUy13clFIcElZTEU/view?usp=sharing)
    6. Documents to be sent to University
      1. Online form print out
      2. Physical examination form 
      3. detailed transcript
      4. Research plan
      5. two recommendation letter of Associate professors or above
    7. send two sets of documents to University address
<script type="text/javascript">
var infolinks_pid = 2631602;
var infolinks_wsid = 0;
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://resources.infolinks.com/js/infolinks_main.js"></script>

No comments:

Post a Comment