Tuesday 4 August 2015

How to get Acceptance letter from Chinese University professor

How to find and contact a Supervisor/Professor regarding MS, PhD

Students who need to contact supervisors for CSC scholarships for MS and PhD in China. They
have to find supervisors first and then contacting them.

How to find Supervisors/Professor

1) Find the list of universities, you want to apply for by writing in google.com. e.g., “Universities
in China”. You will get whole list of universities there. also you can see in file section there is list
of universities whose under CSC

2) Finalize your area of interest; you can finalize your area of interest by looking at your final
year project, subject in which you are best, some already done research or some tool in your
filed you are best for example programmers in Computer science field. So find as many
keywords as you can from them, for example programmers and CS people can use keyword,
image processing or computer vision or data analysis etc.

3) Open google.com and write the research area of interest with some university name whom
you have already found out in first point given above.

4) You will get the results from google about the department links/professors links/papers from
that university published etc., relevant to your area of interest b. You can open the links of
professors and departments links or papers to find out your relevant professor/professors.

How to contact Supervisor/Professor

1) Professors are doing advanced research work, which you have not done, but may be some
tools or techniques, which professor is using, you have worked on or you have basic knowledge
of professor work etc.

2) Before contacting the professor, you must know that they have not much time to look at
your emails. So be careful for the instructions given below

3) Read out the all the professors profiles very carefully and see which one is related to your
area of interest.


By profile reading of professor I mean to read their
(i) Research papers

ii) Projects

4) Finalize one or two or more professors based on who is most understandable and relevant to
the area of interest you are going for. You will get this thing cleared after you have read their
projects and their research papers

5) Then after the few professors you have finalized. Read with very extreme attention their
research papers. Ask your seniors or teachers to help you understanding them

6) See and find that how your area of interest fits in them. For example if you are good in some
subject /tool and they have already used it.

7) You must understand fully the ideas presented in the paper.
8) Then start writing an email with a suitable heading such as “Request for supervision of
MS/PhD”.

9) Body of email should not be much long or short.

10) Start email by introducing with your name and the university, country you are from.

11) Then mention that while going through profiles of professors, you stumbled upon that
professor profile and have read his papers, mention the paper/papers names you have already
read of that professor and in one line the basic idea of paper/papers you understood. Then next
line you mention how you link your area of interest with his that paper or papers whom you
have already mentioned. This thing is quite tricky; you have to be good in it. For example I work
in Computer science field and I write that “I read your paper “abc” in which you have
implemented xyz algorithm using xyz filter. I have also implemented same kind of algorithm in
which I have used abc filter with boosting classifiers and implemented the code using OpenCV
libraries.”. This is just an example, you can write better version of it as it is just a sample line.
Also if you can give some genuine idea on which you want to work on, then it is best. But you
should be writing technically when presenting such idea. These ideas come into your mind
when you read many papers in one area of interest.

12) This thing will let him understand that you are a serious person and you have read his
papers and you want to do serious work

13) Then ending lines that you would like to work for MS/PhD under his/her supervision,

14) You can mention sometimes in first email also the scholarships you want to apply for
Chinese Govt Scholarship

15) Put formal endings



16) Attach research CV

17) Research Proposal

18) Best is to use University official email address, if you do not have any university email
address, then make a good email ID, do not make funny IDs, such as Romeo447@gmail.com or
some jokes like it.

This is by Waqar Baig and upgraded for specially Chinese Govt Scholarship by
Engineer Fahad

11 comments:

  1. Hi, could u help me regarding the acceptance letter my Supervisor said ''I am not in China this year. Please draft a letter by yourself and send it to me. I will look into it'' . What to do with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is asking you to write your own acceptance later, which is good sign for you, write the later and send him,

      Delete
  2. Dear Sir


    Hope you Will be fine


    My name is RIZWAN From Sindh  Pakistan , as I have completed my Intermediate in pre engineering 2018 , got 68% from GHS Jam sahib. I belong to poor family and I can not afford to continue my further study, I am fully interested to study in your university

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear sir
    I zainul abdin Hussain frm Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir India.
    I want to admission in mgt(Ms/PhD) MBA through the scholarship base....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I zainul abdin Hussain frm Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir India I want to admission in abroad with scholarship base MBA course.i am deserving please help me how I do all the things about it...+917006222653

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have select my professor for agriculture in china for M.S kindly tell me how i proceed

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can I find professor for MBA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need study plan format or sample for applied mathematics for M phil leading to PhD
    Please send me at M.kashifbhutta1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Muhammad Idrees From kpk Pakistan , as I have completed my master in mathematics 2020 From Abdul wali Khan University mardan I belong to poor family and I am fully interested to study in your university
    Can you help me please sir

    ReplyDelete